[GNC] Credit Card Rewards Refund

Dustin Henning gcul209 at mynym.us
Thu Oct 14 10:22:42 EDT 2021

Because it is not considered taxable income in my jurisdiction, and
because I only use the credit card due to the fact that I will get
rewards (otherwise I would be a check or cash guy), I record it as a
negative miscellaneous expense.  Outside of jurisdictions where this
would be considered taxable income, I believe the various replies to
this thread confirm it's a matter of personal preference.  That having
been said, regarding my wife's small business, our accountant did advise
me to reduce the expense of whatever was purchased by the reward amount
redeemed against the purchase(s).  Fortunately, my wife prefers to
redeem it as a statement credit anyway, so it goes toward the
purchase(s) on the statement being paid.

Dustin