[GNC] My data files have disappeared???

Greg Feneis mfeneis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 10:23:47 EDT 2021

Once the program starts with the undesired data file loaded, you can use
the program's file menu to select another (more recent) data file or backup
file to see if you can find the right one.  You can do this successively to
try various files until you find the one you want.  Once you've established
which file is the one you expect, save it as <filename>.gnucash using the
same file menu. I recommend making sure <filename> is unique so you don't
risk overwriting other data.  Then, I believe if you close the program, the
following times you start the program, it should try to load that file you
just named/saved.  IE, typically GnuCash loads the last file it was made to
save, if I understand correctly.

Kind regards,

Greg Feneis