[GNC] Error importing QIF file

Kalpesh Patel kalpesh.patel at usa.net
Sun Oct 24 00:28:30 EDT 2021

Parag -

You will have to find the offending faulty transaction and correct it
manually after understanding why it is failing. Learning the format of QIF
file is not that difficult (plenty of sources to be had by Google'ing for
it, including a Wikipedia) and the file can be viewed in any good old plain
text viewer as it is in plain text.

When I migrated data over from Quicken into GNC, I had to go through this
process to correct number of transactions that were not importable by GNC. I
had started by dividing the file into two halves and then importing each
halves to see which one was failing. Then slice the failing one again into
two  halves until you find the transaction that is at fault and correcting
it in the original file. This will need to be done for all transactions that
are not importing properly and failing. You don't have to fully go through
all the steps to import the file; just need to get to the point in the
process where it can tell you whether that half failed or not, then
rinse-and-repeat until the faulty transaction is found.

General disclaimer - I have NOT heard about Gnucash Android App beforehand
nor have I have ever used it. I am strictly opining from the perspective of
attempting to export/import QIF formatted file from one program into
another, specifically into GNC.

Hope this helps.

Message: 1