[GNC] Error importing QIF file

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 00:46:50 EDT 2021

The best chance of locating the source of an import error in a file exported
from Android is to compare its file format with what is known of the QIF format
and look for some deviations from this. Unfortunately QIF is a proprietary
format although Intuit did make some information publicly available
http://www.intuit.com/quicken/technical-support/quicken/old-faqs/dosfaqs/60006.html
.
and w3.org has a QIF format summary
https://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/pim/qif-doc/QIF-doc.htm.

If your file has no investment related transactions then it would seem likely
that another transaction is being interpreted by the importer as a share
transaction because of an error in its format.

David Cousens