[GNC] Error importing QIF file

Fred Bone Fred at mandfb.me.uk
Sun Oct 24 06:11:58 EDT 2021

On 24 October 2021 at 5:01, parag puranik said:

> David thanks for the hint to compare the file with standard QIF format.
> The app has no provision for entering any share transaction. It is only a
> robust double-entry book-keeping app -(plain and simple) - running on
> Sqlite3 at the backend, ensuring excellent data integrity. Hence I do not
> quit understand as to how the desktop version interprets it wrongly and
> generates error message at all ! Can u please refer this problem to
> 'appropriate' experts on sqlite DBMS ?

1. This is obviously nothing to do with sqlite.

2. As several people have already pointed out, you need to find the entry
in the QIF that is causing the problem.

3. Kalpesh Patel has kindly explained how to identify the relevant entry
by repeated halving of the file.

Once you have identified the problem entry, if you copy it to an email
(to this list) someone *may* be prepared to explain why it is causing a
problem.