[GNC] Error importing QIF file

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 11:37:32 EDT 2021

Parag,  If you were willing to do your own troubleshooting you would have
already solved your problem and you would be in business.  Asking others to
speculate about what might be wrong about your data without showing the
data is like asking people to tell you what password to use to unlock your
file.  If others knew what that error message meant, they would have told
you. The message basically says that you have bad data but it does't tell
you which transaction is the culprit, so you would need to use the divide
and conquer method anyway.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 8:40 AM parag puranik via gnucash-user <
gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> Fred,Repeatedly halving the file is cumbersome process. I would, instead,
> first like to interpret and focus on the error message generated by Gnucash
> desktop. What kind of fault leads to that message ? (When I exported from
> Android app, the phone was working fine and stable, no abrupt
> shutdown.)Alternatively, can that QIF file be converted to XML file ?
> Gnucash desktop then can directly open the xml file without going through
> the Import process/procedure.

David Carlson