[GNC] Serious issues with Mac OS update - 12.0.1

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Oct 27 12:15:35 EDT 2021

The release notes sentence is about the change from 4.7 to 4.8 to fix a crash in flatpaks on Linux, something that had to be fixed in GnuCash itself. The change in Gnucash-Intel-4.8-2 is https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/commit/36315cbe2b3c9d1c1b7508d9494a251eddbc4452 <https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/commit/36315cbe2b3c9d1c1b7508d9494a251eddbc4452>, applied as a patch to gtk+-3.24.30. The -2 indicates a packaging change, not a change to GnuCash itself and aside from changing the version and sha256 doesn't get reflected in the release notes.

Regards,
John Ralls