[GNC] Redo account reconciliations

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 12:48:31 EDT 2021

Paul,

One way to recover a correct opening balance when re-reconciling and there
are reconciled transactions after the previous reconcile date is to
manually navigate though the register starting at the previous reconcile
date and unreconcile every transaction after that date before starting the
rereconciliation.

I have found that that works and it may not be overly tedious if there are
not a lot of transactions involved.

If there are a lot of transactions involved it is probably easier to skip
trying to rereconcile previous months and just ignore the incorrect
starting balance for the current month's reconciliation.   Some
transactions will be marked as reconciled in the wrong month but there are
no reports that I know of that show the reconcile dates anyway.