[GNC] How To Create Online Backup Of Data

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sat Sep 4 13:51:05 EDT 2021

On 9/3/2021 9:22 AM, muhammad Noman wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
>               I want to know how can i create backup of my data while using
> gnucash software version 2.6.18
>
> Regards,
>
> Muhammad Nouman

The same way you create a  backup of all your other data. Your gnucash
data is a file, just like all of your other files.

Describe how you NOW backup all your data (all your documents, pictures,
etc. Where your data is (in what directories, aka, file folders) depends
on what operating system you use, not the same for Windows N as opposed
to linux or a Mac OS. But you didn't tell us that.

For example, I am using Windows 10 and use FireFox and Thunderbird. Data
might also have changed since last backup in the documents directory
(gnucash data here), downloads directory, and perhaps picture directory.
So once a month (my backup frequency) I connect an external drive,
create a directory Backupsyyyymmdd and into it copy the directories I
listed (my T'Bird data and FF data would be in their respective profile
directiories.

Then I can take that drive out to the fire safe in another building  <<
if that last seems paranoid, we once had  a house fire and smoke/water
messed some drives up so badly not even the data recovery lab could get
all of it back >>

Michael D Novack