[GNC] Lost my top level aka Master account

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Sep 7 11:14:18 EDT 2021

Hi,

On Tue, September 7, 2021 10:40 am, Mom wrote:
> Hi Derek:
>
> Here is what I see. These are all income/expense detail accounts that
> should all be under “Joint Checking,” the master file that I no longer
> see. I am trying to use the account nomenclature in the user’s guide BTW.
>
> Like you, I am optimistic that the data are all there, but at this point,
> everything is disconnected :-(

So you have Expenses and Income expanded, but Assets and Liabilities are
not expanded.  If you click on the little triangle to the left of Assets,
it should expand that out.  Then you may need to expand out more,
depending on what your hierarchy looks like.

For what it's worth, normally I only keep my Assets and Liability accounts
expanded in my CoA view, because I rarely need to see those account
balances, and I never enter transactions in via Income/Expense accounts.

So click on those triangles and I'm sure you'll find the account!

Good Luck!

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745