[GNC] Posting Sell Of Stock Automatically Calculating Wrong Number

Dr. Timothy B. Jones tbj at timothybjones.net
Fri Sep 10 20:10:22 EDT 2021

John

Thanks for the response. The 1887.50 is the actual cost basis as reflected in the buy transaction.  It is the amount that needs to be offset.

I didn’t realize those trading entries could be eliminated.  Anytime my trial balance is off….they are usually my reason, so I watch these stock trades like a Hawk.

Interestingly,  after getting your email, I logged back in and this time, GNUCASH took my entry without anything changing.  In other words, it accepted it the way I manually entered it.  And….trial balance is balanced.

Thanks!
tbj

Sent from my iPhone