[GNC] Equity account changed to Trading Account

Alton Brantley alton.brantley at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 17:17:38 EDT 2021

I have an equity account which I use to record notes about purchases by storing the file name as the note in the split and it always has a zero value so it sorts to the middle of the splits.
Sometime in the past couple months, this account became tagged as a “Trading” account even though it and all of the transaction splits are in USD.

I tried to create a new tracking account, and to delete the Trading account by moving the transactions over, but that wasn’t allowed.

At this point, I cannot add transactions to the account and I don't want to delete the transactions.

I can create a new Equity account and change the account manually one by one. This would be a slow process(10+years) or I could use the new account going forward and just correct this year’s entries. This may have happened when I upgraded to 4.6, as I only do this process quarterly.

I have never used Trading accounts for any reason as I don’t use foreign currency.

Any ideas appreciated

--Alton Brantley