[GNC] Newbie question

Steve Welch steve.welch.1 at icloud.com
Sat Sep 25 21:59:34 EDT 2021

Hi!

I’m just getting started with GnuCash and have imported my QIF file from Moneydance.  Excited to take it for a spin!
My question is regarding beginning (opening) account balances.  Moneydance has an opening balance field in the account setup window, but evidently that field isn’t accessible in GnuCash unless setting up a new account.
The problem I seem to be having is that the beginning balances that had been in Moneydance did not import into Gnu, so my accounts are off.
I am figuring I can manually enter an opening balance transaction for each account but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing a more elegant (or obvious) solution.

Thanks,

Steve