[GNC] Newbie question

Fross, Michael michael at fross.org
Sun Sep 26 18:16:09 EDT 2021

Hello Steve.  Welcome to GnuCash!

While I'm not an expert, in my experience, an opening balance is just a
normal transaction.  There are typically two splits.  (1) is a deposit into
the account, and (2) is a withdrawal from the Equity:Opening Balances
account.  Remember GnuCash used double entry accounting so the insert has
to match with a decrease elsewhere.

Good luck.

Michael