[GNC] I need to recover my files for the 4.7 upgrade

Stumpie stumpie1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 27 13:19:04 EDT 2021

Hi all,
I upgraded my gnucash to ver. 4.7  The uninstall of ver 4.5 went smoothly as did the installation. . . until the end.  My computer froze and I had to do a cold reboot.  So I reinstalled ver 4.7 and opened gnucash, it thought that I was a new user.

So where is the data file and what is the name and how do I get ver 4.7 to recognize it.  The data file hopefully will be on my main drive but I know it is on my backup drive, so if guncash trashed the data on the main drive I can always get it from the backup.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Paul