[GNC] I need to recover my files for the 4.7 upgrade

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Sep 27 13:45:01 EDT 2021

Your book is probably right where you left it. GnuCash 4.7 changes the preferences--see the top of the release notes for details--and it sounds like the migration failed in your case. The last file and file history are kept in preferences so that's very likely why it didn't open your file automatically.

Just use File>Open's file chooser to open the file.

Regards,
John Ralls