[GNC] create desktop icons for GNC 4.9 Flatpak on Ubuntu

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Apr 2 04:45:59 EDT 2022

Op zaterdag 2 april 2022 07:09:32 CEST schreef Jeff:
> Okay, finally got a new keyboard.  They make great toys for parrots.
>
> I have tried all of the suggestions presented and I can still not make a
> desktop icon for the GNC Flatpak version to load a specific set of
> books.  I did get one icon to work but I do not trust it, it does not
> place the GNC icon on the desktop, just a generic CSV, and it also
> places all log files on the desktop ( I use uncompressed XML).  I did
> not have any issues creating icons prior to using Flatpak.

We can use more detailed responses :)

- If you have one desktop file that works, what's it's contents ?
- And what's different from the other desktop files that don't work ?
- Where have you stored that .desktop file ?
- What set of books does it open on launch ?
- Can you move the log files away from the desktop, launch gnucash from your
desktop icon have it generate some log files (by making some changes to your
books) and then pass the names of the generated log files here ?

Regards,

Geert