[GNC] create desktop icons for GNC 4.9 Flatpak on Ubuntu

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Apr 2 05:05:34 EDT 2022

Op dinsdag 29 maart 2022 08:18:58 CEST schreef Jeff:
> Permissions are set to run as executable for the desktop icon. Icon does
> not show up, just the generic blank icon.  If I hit "Okay" I end up with
> a new, empty, set of books.  If I manually open Dad.gnucash from the
> link it opens the correct set of books but;

Please clarify with what you mean with "manually opening the book from the
link" ?

> wants to create scheduled transactions going back to 2019.

This may be a separate issue. I don't know of the top of my head where the
last run date for scheduled transactions is stored. I'd expect in the gnucash
data file, but if it's in metadata, you may have to copy your metadata to a
location where flatpaks actually look for it. If you want to pursue this
further I suggest to start a new mailing list thread for this to avoid trying
to handle too much in one go.

> And I also simply installed GNC as a Flatpak.

I also don't understand what you mean with this. I thought the whole
experiment was with using the gnucash flatpak. So I presumed it to be
installed already ? So what exactly is the difference you're trying to point
out with this ?

Regards,

Geert