[GNC] Stock pricing

John Morgan johnmorgan1947 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 08:47:14 EDT 2022

Hi David did you try to download the program. I tried again this morning and got the same problem. I have Norton loaded and maybe this is causing the issue

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, March 31, 2022, 12:42 pm, David H <hellvee at gmail.com> wrote:

John,
>From memory there was a bug relating to truncation - see https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2021-October/098191.html for details.  I think the work around was to enter the price and then press enter on the keyboard rather than tabbing out of the field - fixed in 4.9 by the look of the bug report.
I've never had problems downloading any of the versions - I usually download Windows and MacOS versions. If you go back to John Ralls last release announcement (https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2022-March/100452.html) you'll see you can download from both SourceForge and GitHub, I'd be trying both.
Cheers David H.

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 at 20:30, John Morgan <johnmorgan1947 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

David

Thank you for your response. I tried what you suggested but did not work.

This is the set up I have

In the preferences under numbers, date and time I have set Forces prices to display as decimals to yes and the number of decimal points to 4

In the security editor I have set the fraction traded to 1/1000 ( I am not sure if this relates to the number of shares or share price

In the account I have set the type to stock and the security to the one I created

I have also the set the small fraction to 1/1000. Again I am not sure if this relates to the number of shares or the price.

When I try to enter a new price under the tools menu – price data base and enter a price of 2.3675 it always rounds to 2.37.

I cannot find any option to change the number of decimal places.

I am on version 4.6 and before I update the version I could always enter as many decimals as required. I am using windows 10.

I have tried to download the latest version a number of times but for some reason the down load does not complete

John Morgan