[GNC] creating a Tranaction report

Chuck chuck598 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 22:32:21 EDT 2022

Hi:Thanks everyone for the help & as it turns out it was the program
somehow & with an update a few days ago it now is working AOK once again.
Someone sent me the way to add or remove things when in the options &
accounts so I could pick & choose what ones to have in a report.
I Thought I saved that but can not find it.
Seems it was a control + some key & a mouse click.
Does Anyone know what the sequence is?
Chuck

On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 8:20 AM Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 7:51 PM Chuck <chuck598 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>> Had a gnucash update today & installed the update & opened gnucash.
>> clicked
>> on transaction reports & did a quick selection & ok ............ they came
>> up!!!
>> So  did not save it & clicked on saved reports & selected one & it opened
>> up.  They would open a blank page before.
>> Do not know why for a month or so they would not work but now seems to
>> fine
>> will check it out further.
>>

> I had a similar experience yesterday --
>
> TL;DR -- after updating everything in flatpak and rebooting, the reports
> started working again.
>
> DETAIL
>
> My office system runs Ubuntu 21.10, and GnuCash via flatpak. I updated
> GnuCash to "4.10+" a couple of days back, but I hadn't run any reports, so
> I noticed when folks complained about blank ones. Sure enough, when I tried
> them, SOME reports (Transaction Report, notably) were blank, and some
> (Income Statement, maybe) were not blank.
>
> So I started digging around trying to figure out how to add the WEBKIT_...
> flag to my GNOME launchers to precede the flatpack run command. The
> launchers broke. I was able to execute the command from a terminal, but not
> in the GNOME desktop launchers.
>
> SO I restored the original launchers, checked flatpak and saw some sort of
> platform or locale or nvidia update or something. I installed the flatpak
> update, and rebooted (to see if my broken GNOME launcher would work). The
> refined launcher was STILL broken, HOWEVER....
>
> ...next time I tried launching GnuCash WITHOUT the WEBKIT_ flag, the
> reports worked.
>
> SO the lesson might be if you're running Flatpak make sure all the flatpak
> updates are installed. And maybe reboot?
>

>> -----

*​Sunday, April 3, 2022*

*Psalm 118:14The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation.
A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be
refreshed.Proverbs 11:25A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes
others will be refreshed.Proverbs 11:25As soon as I pray, you answer me;
you encourage me by giving me strength.Psalms 138:3‘Call to me and I will
answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not
know.’Jeremiah 33:3*
*Teach me to “wash her feet” and serve my way to a great marriage. Amen.*
*"Be Kind to our email  friends"*

Forwarding this?  PLEASE REMOVE all email addresses before you send it on
using the BCC area When forwarding to several people at once.