[GNC] Where has a custom report been saved?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Apr 8 09:05:40 EDT 2022

On Fri, Apr 08, 2022 at 10:32:24AM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> I have a custom report (I think it's basically a modified Transaction
> Report) in one gnucash set of files that I want to use in another
> gnucash.
>
> Where and how do I find my customised report settings?  It comes up
> with the title "Register" in gnucash but I can't find anything like
> that as a file anywhere.

I've found where it came from! :-)

If you select an account and a report you get offered an extra report
called "Register" for some reason, it's essentially a Transaction
Report for the specific account with slightly better layout, names,
etc. than the normal Transaction Report.

Thus it wasn't a saved report, which is why I couldn't find it.

For information GnuCash (on Linux) saves reports in a file called
'saved-report-X.X' in directory ~/.local/share/gnucash.  X.X is (I
think) a version number of some sort, 2.8 on my GnuCash 4.4.

--
Chris Green