[GNC] Reconciliation discrepancies

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 12 08:49:07 EDT 2022

On Tue, 12 Apr 2022, Liz wrote:

> By looking at such a small number of transactions it is possible to find
> whatever the errors are. I too have been on Gnucash for a couple of
> decades, but still found 4 errors in one file this March, payments not
> entered as received, and digit transposition.

Liz,

The reason I started this thread is all transactions for the month match. No
switched digits, no missing GnuCash transactions. And, now and then during
the month I check the accounts on the bank's web site and marked GnuCash
transactions as cleared as they appear on the bank's web page.

> I hope you find what is happening and let us know.

Based on everyone's response my assumption that it's something unknowable at
the bank's side seems to be confirmed.

Thanks,

Rich