[GNC] Scheduled transactions feature or bug?

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Tue Apr 12 12:30:32 EDT 2022

On 4/12/2022 10:55 AM, Dale Alspach wrote:
> I had a scheduled transfer to savings that I disabled for a few months.
> When I re-enabled the scheduled transfer I did not change the start date. I
> was very surprised to find that when it ran that it entered transactions
> for all of the months when it was disabled.
> Automatically altering the past seems extremely dangerous. It  seems to me
> a warning should be given or scheduled transactions should only insert
> future transactions.
> Dale

Computers are like that. They obediently do what you tell them to, not
what you meant to tell them to do.

I suspect you expected some different behavior. That you expected it to
"remember" that you had disabled the scheduled transfers AT SOME POINT
IN TIME and you expected that to be "remembered" when you re-enabled the
transfers. In other words, you expected the disable to have dates
associated with it << disable from date X to date Y >>

Look at your options when scheduling transactions to see what you should
have done to get the behavior "scheduled between date X and date Y and
then from date Z into the future -- hint: that is TWO "schedules"

About "changing the past" -- aren't MOST of the transactions you enter
after the fact (at a point in time after the transaction has taken place)

Michael D Novack