[GNC] Auto-save failure

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:03:40 EDT 2022

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 11:56 AM Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> In Preferences > General there are some Auto-Save options.
>
> If those are set correctly, then something else is amiss.
>
> Unfortunately, if you've already re-started GnuCash, the Tracefile was
> overwritten, so if there is info there to help, it is gone.
>
> I take note you're using the Flatpak. This might be a clue for tracking
> the issue down.

I believe I can confirm -- I too am using the Flatpak version, and I
recently noticed that the auto-save doesn't (always? ever?) seem to work. I
am currently on GnuCash 4.10+ Flatpak on Ubuntu 21.10.

Since I DO close and open all of my GnuCash book files frequently, it
hasn't been an issue yet, but I distinctly recall several times walking
away from the desk and when I return the file is still marked as not saved.

A few days ago I went in and re-set the auto save option, which had not
changed. (I believe I leave it set to five minutes. I'm not in my office to
look at the moment.)

Next time I'm in my office I will try to watch for it. If someone opens a
bug for this issue please post the bug number.

-----