[GNC] Scheduled transactions feature or bug?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Apr 12 22:57:10 EDT 2022

I agree, the behavior should not be changed, but perhaps the UI could be
improved if people aren't realizing what is going on.

Of course, there is a responsibility for the user to learn the software,
how it works, and pay attention to things. (such as noticing last run
and next occurrence dates)

It is also a good idea to be familiar with preference settings. There's
no reason you *have* to let GnuCash auto-create SXs without telling you.
You can request a notification, and you can require that each one gets
approved first. (and of course, you can still edit or delete them at any
time)

I'd say the feature is working as intended. If you want it to 'resume'
but not 'catch up' then change the start date.

There might be very good reasons why someone would pause an SX and want
it to fill-in past instances after un-pausing. Testing, troubleshooting,
verifying something, trial scenarios, et cetera come to mind off the top
of my head.

Regards,
Adrien