[GNC] Unusual book need

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 11:43:12 EDT 2022

Jean,

Your assessment is about right, although I wouldn't characterize it as a shortcoming, just an area that requires manual intervention.

Jeff,

While it may seem onerous to consider, it turns out that creating and deleting transactions is not that great an effort, given auto completion. If you open both sets of books and display them side by side, you can quickly work through your dad's file and add the transactions to your books.

Once you are satisfied with the accuracy of the new transactions, you can delete them from your dad's books. Turning off the delete transaction confirmation for the session can speed that up significantly.

It's possible to make, move, and delete hundreds of transactions in a short period of time. (This fact, coupled with the relative infrequency of needing to do this and the programming overhead involved is the reason why nobody has developed a tool for this.)

David T.