[GNC] New to GnuCash SQLite on Windows: I have questions

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Apr 21 14:10:54 EDT 2022

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 12:08:14PM -0500, William Prescott wrote:
> In my experience, on MacOS, double-clicking on a Gnucash file opens Gnucash
> but not necessarily with the file that was double-clicked. Gnucash will
> open with whatever was the last file used.
>
> So, on MacOS, the suffix is useful, sort of. But it is not handled the
> way most applications handle double-clicked files.

I have several GnuCash databases for different accounts.  E.g. I have
2022General, 2022Buildings, 2021General and so on.  Thus I just about
always want to specify the database filename when I run GnuCash.  I
also just about always start GnuCash from the command line in a
terminal window, I don't like screens cluttered with icons.

So my ideal is files simple called 2022General, 2022Buildings or
whatever with no, or at least a minimal suffix.

--
Chris Green