[GNC] New to GnuCash SQLite on Windows: I have questions

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Apr 21 14:55:24 EDT 2022

Op donderdag 21 april 2022 19:08:14 CEST schreef William Prescott:
> In my experience, on MacOS, double-clicking on a Gnucash file opens Gnucash
> but not necessarily with the file that was double-clicked. Gnucash will
> open with whatever was the last file used.
>
> So, on MacOS, the suffix is useful, sort of. But it is not handled the way
> most applications handle double-clicked files.
>
> Will

Yes that's true. It is due to how Macos handles passing files to open to the launched
application. This is completely different from how it works on linux and nobody so far has
found the time or energy to fix the gnucash code to make it work as expected on Macos as
well.

That aside your comment still shows on Macos the file extension is used to determine
gnucash needs to be launched. Without the file extension, Macos would not do that.

Regards,

Geert