[GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 233, Issue 1

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Aug 1 20:41:25 EDT 2022

James, the Cinnamon desktop is the default desktop for Linux Mint.

Unlike Windows (and MacOS) with Linux, you have a choice of which
Desktop you want to use.

Mint offers 3 main options out of the box:

1. Cinnamon (the main option if you didn't intentionally choose #2 or #3)

2. MATE (looks like Cinnamon for the most part, but is based on older
software)

3. XFCE (more of a 'Mac-like' layout)

So if you simply downloaded and installed 'Linux Mint' then you most
likely have the Cinnamon Desktop. It isn't necessarily something you
needed to install separately. It controls the layout and window
functioning of your computer.

Regards,
Adrien

p.s. - Please follow the following 'best practices' from the GnuCash
Wiki concerning this mailing list:

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists#Netiquette

1. When using Digest Mode (which it appears you are) please change the
subject line to match your topic for that post/thread.

2. When replying to any message, especially digest messages, please
first highlight the portion you are replying to, *then* use the
reply-all or reply-list buttons. That way, *only* the relevant portion
gets quoted, otherwise it is difficult for anyone else to see what you
are replying to specifically.