[GNC] Confusing and inconsistent headers in transaction entry and report forms

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 23:56:17 EDT 2022

Peter,Yes it is working correctly in Gnucash 4.11 on Linux Mint 20.3  and has
always worked that way in the past.  The coding for the transaction reports is
in Scheme and separate from the main GnuCash code so I would not expect a change
in the preferences for the register display to affect the Transaction Report in
any case but it was a simple test.  A bug of that type in the main code will
likely be picked up very quickly  and similarly with the Transaction Report.  It
is hard to think why it would be specific to the MacOSX unless it was perhaps  a
bug in a  library on the Mac b ut John Ralls may have some more  insight..  I
have rechecked both the register and rerun the transaction report again and the
same items show up as debits and credits  in both the register and the
Transaction report on my machine.
 Can you repost the same transaction in the checking account register using the
formal accounting labels and perhaps then rerun the Transaction Report. The
latter doesn't rerun automatically . You have to edit the report options and
then hit Apply. I usually change a date on the date range , run the report and
change it back and then rerun it to force it to regenerate the report as the
Apply button is greyed out unless you change one of the report options.There
likely is a clever way to do it as well.David