[GNC] Third party OFX/CVS providers

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Aug 8 11:53:50 EDT 2022

Here's a use case:

Vendor invoices containing 10+ line items that need to be entered into
both an accounting package and an inventory/POS system.

Multiply that case by a dozen or more a week.

And compound it by said 'PDF' invoice being a *scan*. (which of course
means really good OCR needs to be in the workflow) Despite computers
being near ubiquitous in business today, I'd hazard a guess of 93.46% of
them are clueless as to how to use computers efficiently. It seems as if
their approach is akin to someone with only a hammer, Duck Tape, & WD-40
in their toolbox no matter what the job requires.

Now, let's multiply that again: you are the sole person responsible for
this data entry for 2 or more businesses.

I'd rather have a script take me time to craft so I can one-click the
data 'conversion' from print to CSV and then spend my time reviewing the
result rather than a high chance of data entry taking even more of my time.

Regards,
Adrien