[GNC] gncJobNextID in gncJob.c not in gncJob.h

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Aug 8 13:50:59 EDT 2022

On Mon, August 8, 2022 1:44 pm, john wrote:
> The intended end-user process is to use the program, not the bindings.
>
> As to why the job-creating functions don't increment the counters, I think
> because the design allows the user to override the counter-based ids in
> the GUI. Derek wrote the code so he's the authority on the why's and
> wherefores.

The per-type counters were submitted by someone else.

My thinking was "provide a default as a counter, but not force people to
use that because, well, they might need to match some other numbering
scheme."  So basically, if you use the counter it increments, but if you
supply your own then the counter isn't touched.

I don't recall why the logic was in the GUI vs in the Create API.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745