[GNC] gncJobNextID in gncJob.c not in gncJob.h

Robert Simmons rsimmons0 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:53:33 EDT 2022

Understood.

After looking under the hood a good bit as well as thinking about the
problems of accounting and databases in general I have a side question:

If you're working on a rewrite of some kind, why not use a graph database
as the back end rather than SQL?

The reason is that a graph database seems to me to be a very natural choice
for this type of data. A transaction has an amount, so that amount is a
node. A transaction also has a source and destination, and edges in a graph
database can only connect two nodes. They also can optionally have
directionality.

Also, graph databases solve the problem of welding on new stuff later on
down the line.

SQL seems archaic. Why not drop it completely if you're working on a from
the bottom up change?