[GNC] Share Values recording

Mahon Finbar mahon.finbar at neuf.fr
Thu Aug 11 10:30:20 EDT 2022

Hello,

I am trying to rationalise my shares (or things that have a moving
value) holdings.

I understand the basics of GNU,  in that I have been a user for some
time and have been able to record transactions, create reports to
satisfy the taxman, etc., but I keep getting bits and pieces of
information from the various places where my shares are registered,
mostly about values and dividends and the like.

I have a somewhat random selection of 'accounts' with information about
my (relatively small number) of holdings (a word that is a bit strong
for my situation)

What I am aiming to do is get a simple account or accounts where I can
just register what I paid, what dividends and other income stuff I may
have had and items such as current value.

Is there a simple source in the 'help' for creating that and what is it
called and what does it contain?? If not where should I start??

Sorry to be a neophyte, but I am a bit frustrated.

Finbar (located in Europe, but only really dealing in €)