[GNC] Zero balances in report

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Aug 13 15:42:27 EDT 2022

> On Aug 13, 2022, at 10:55 AM, john <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 13, 2022, at 7:54 AM, Michael Hendry <hendry.michael at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 13 Aug 2022, at 14:08, Fred Tydeman <tydeman.fred at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am running Linux and GnuCash 4.11
>>> I do an Account Summary report.
>>> I have set the options to not show zero balances.
>>> Yet, the report shows many zero balances.
>>> The attached screen shot shows part of the report
>>> along with the options.
>>> <Screenshot from 2022-08-13 09-01-37.png>_______________________________________________
>>> gnucash-user mailing list
>>> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
>>> -----
>>
>> I’ve just tried this, and when I untick “Include accounts with zero total balances” and tick “Omit zero balance figures” I get the desired output.
>>
>> Did you remember to hit the “Apply” button after changing these tick-boxes?
>
> That's not it, you can see that the apply button is greyed out in the screenshot.
>
> The report is summarizing all of the commodities held in some parent account including the zero balance ones. I'm not sure if that's a bug or a feature, but to get the display I think you want go to the Accounts tab of the report options dialog and increase the account depth so that the individual commodity accounts are displayed.

Another thought: I was doing something else and noticed output like
;;; WARNING (gnc:resolve-unknown-comm: can't calculate rate for  £10,407.64  =  6,786.5711 GB000fund01  to  $0.00)

Check your trace file, maybe you have similar warnings or errors that will help find the bad transaction.

Regards,
John Ralls