[GNC] Confusing and inconsistent headers in transaction entry and report forms

Peter S. Shenkin shenkin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:55:17 EDT 2022

As an experiment, I started a band new Gnucash file for test purposes. I
entered a single transaction. I am attaching a view of the register, a
Transaction report and a Balance sheet.

You can see that the same thing is happening that happened before:

   - Register view shows that the checking account was debited.
   - Balance sheet shows that the checking account, which started at 0, now
   has a positive balance.
   - Transaction report shows that the column labeled "Credit" shows debits
   and the column labeled "Debit" shows credits, which is backwards.

Thus, I think it is clear at the very least that the problem did not arise
from the switch from 4.6 to 4.11. I also think it shows that I am not doing
anything wrong, but please correct me if you disagree.

I would look forward to suggestions.

-P.