[GNC] Could Not Obtain Lock

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 09:14:37 EDT 2022

This is an old topic, but I finally figured out what's wrong.
On the Ubuntu desktop system where I run GnuCash (and little else), I set up a cron job to update prices at first logon each day, as described here:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_Quotes#Updating_enabled_Quotes_from_outside_GnuCash
Unfortunately, starting GnuCash is often the first thing I want to do when I start up the system and I obviously haven't been waiting long enough for the cron job to finish.
Is there a smarter way to make sure prices are collected online without having to wait and check that GC has finished the price update before I try to use it interactively?