[GNC] GnuCash 3 for Ubuntu Studio 22.04 LTS

david whiting dw at davidwhiting.me.uk
Sat Aug 27 05:31:23 EDT 2022

In terms of the conversion, I don't think there will be important
differences between the two versions you have listed.

Another approach to consider is using the 20.04 (focal) live ISO. Just
put the ISO on a USB and boot from that, then install gnucash in the
live environment, and using that to convert your gnucash data to
version 3. That way you don't have to try to install different
versions on either 18.04 or 22.04.

David

On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 at 09:55, rsbrux via gnucash-user
<gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> P.S. I still have a working Ubuntu 18.04 installation, so I thought I might find GnuCash 3.8 in a backport repository.
>
> However, I have only found it in focal (1:3.8b-1build4) and focal-updates (1:3.8b-1ubuntu1).
>
> What is the difference between 3.8b-1build4 and 3.8b-1ubuntu1?
>
> Would it be safe to install either of these GC versions in either Ubuntu 18.04 or 22.04?

David Whiting