[GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 233, Issue 88

Kalpesh Patel kalpesh.patel at usa.net
Tue Aug 30 19:13:43 EDT 2022

Unfortunately, when it comes to using bundled software with various Linux
distros that are out there, they are limited on resources so they normally
consider applications like GNC as fringe thing to their core offering so
that is the last thing that gets traction if any. I am afraid I do not know
any repo that would allow you to install it in such manner in Ubuntu Studio.
If there is anyone that knows of such facility then you are in the best
forum where they will speak up and let you know.

Installing flatpak version is not that difficult (I used to compile things
ground up on UNIX/Linux systems many many moons ago). I am most likely
outnumbered here in this forum as I am on Windows platform but core of the
folks here use it on some form of Linux distro so there is better bet that
if you run into some sort of issue with flatpak, someone will be able to
help here overcome it. There were few important bugs, IMHO at least, that
were fixed by the team in 4.11 that were observed in 4.8 GNC that are
applicable to brokerage related transactions.

If you are a bit brave, you may want to attempt to install Wine
(https://wine.htmlvalidator.com/install-wine-on-ubuntustudio-20.04.html)
which can be done via repos and then install Windows version of GNC through
it. Be prepared that you may get terrible performance with this method.

Message: 3