[GNC] Lot Calculator Off?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 04:06:19 EST 2022

Hello,

GnuCash 4.11 on Windows 10

As the end of the year approaches, I am working to get all my accounts
up to date, and I've stumbled across an apparent error in capital gains
calculations in the Lot manager. I am attaching a screenshot of the
problem I am seeing. If you add up the sales prices and the gains, they
are off from the original purchase price by $4.20. The second sales loss
has seemingly failed to account for the first calculation for some
reason, and the resulting amounts differ from the financial institution
by the same $4.20.

Since I used the lot manager to handle all of the gains calculations,
I'm at a loss for determining why or how I've achieved this erroneous
result. Not sure if the table below will display correctly, but the
numbers are there for reference.

Best,

David T.

	Amount 	Gain(Loss) 	Sale with Gain/Loss