[GNC] New user: how to migrate Quicken checking account as a single, flat, checking account

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 11:54:00 EST 2022

I do understand double-entry accounting and that it is the GnuCash paradigm.

What I didn't understand is that on the import GnuCash did create the
requisite checking account, plus all the expense accounts. I did not see
the checking account as it was lost in a sea of expense accounts.

Now that I've gotten that far, is there any way to move accounts en masse
into a top level "Expenses" account? Or do I have to laboriously edit each
and every one?

Thanks,

Scott