[GNC] Same security, two namespaces

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Mon Dec 5 15:01:03 EST 2022

Due to a mixture of manual entry of transactions and import of QIF,
I have ended up with the same security in two different namespaces.

Stock/Intl
  KOF  coca cola
Stock/US
  KOF  coca cola

Is there a way to merge the two?
So that there is just one in the correct namespace?

I have done: Edit: Find (transaction) looking for "KOF"
and also "coca".  Both find nothing.
Yet, if I try to Remove KOF from Stock/US, I get a popup:
  That commodity is currently used by at least one of your accounts...
So, how do I find where that stock is being used?

Aside:  After lots of manually looking, I found that KOF was in
both of
 Trading: Stock/Intl
and
 Trading: Stock/US
So, it appears that Ctrl-F (Find) does not look in Trading accounts.

Is there a way to export/print the entire list of Securities?
That way I can sort by symbol and look for other duplicates.

Aside:  I have found that Export CSV of the Account Tree
allows me to open that csv file in a spreadsheet and sort
the Trading accounts by Symbol. That allows me to look for
duplicates.  This assumes that Trading accounts is a
complete list of securities.

Is there a way to edit the Namespaces?

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.