[GNC] Auto Complete "pick from list" enhancement

gnu Gord gnucashgord at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 18:08:08 EST 2022

I'm wondering if anyone else would find it useful, or if anyone else has
already suggested an enhancement to GnuCash whereby it would display a list
of memorized transactions when one was being entered.
Currently if I start typing in the description field GC finishes the field
and if I hit tab it auto fills the remaining fields. The problem I have is
that the auto fill may not be what I want. It would be helpful if it gave
me a choice of all (or at least some) of the possible memorized
transactions so I could pick one that was closer to the one I'm entering.
Before I discovered the wonderful world of GnuCash I used Quicken and it
had this behaviour.

 What do you think?

I tried searching the Bug List and found some mention of Auto Complete but
didn't find anything that described what I was looking for.

Regards,
Gord