[GNC] Reconcile transactions dated before start of accounts

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 17:33:35 EST 2022

My company has been running 8 years or so. The financial year starts 1st
March each year (1/3/2022 in DD/MM/YYYY format)

I wish to enter into GnuCash all the transactions for the current financial
year onwards, so starting 1/3/2022 - I have no desire to enter all
transactions from when the company first started trading.

The first transaction this year occurred on 1/3/2022  and showed up
*immediately* in the bank statement. I reconciled the bank account on 1/3/2022,
which with hindsight might not have been sensible.

However, the next couple of entries shown in the bank account occurred a
day earlier on 28/2/2022, but didn’t show up in the bank account until
1/3/2022. This will make it impossible to get the amount of money in the
bank account agree with the transactions in GbuCash, because two
transactions from the previous financial year are not in the GnuCash
records.

Is there any way around this problem? Should I just enter the two
transactions from the previous financial year into GnuCash?

I know that my accountant will not be bothered either way.

Dave

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom