[GNC] Transaction Report

rovero at comcast.net rovero at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 19:32:06 EST 2022

Hope this explains it better

There are two accounts in the transaction report

Expense  Type A/Payable

Income    Type  Bank

In the expense account register transactions show as a positive number in
the payment/debit column and the balance column is a negative number that
augments negative as transaction are added.

In the Income account register transactions show as a positive number in the
deposit/debit column  and the balance column is a positive number that
augments positive as transaction are added.

The report is a simple one that shows all expense transactions form the
Expense Account as a debit/payment negative dollar amount and all
transactions from the Income Account as a debit/deposit positive dollar
amount. So in the end my grand total should be the negative sum of all
transactions in the Expense account minus the sum of all positive
transaction in the income account.

Again, in ver 2.6.6 I get the desired results. In ver 4.1.2 the expense
account Totals show as a positive number so Instead of subtracting expense
from income they add together in the grand total.ie.

Ver 2.6.1    Expense Total ($-1200)     Income Total $2400    Grand total
$1200

Ver 4.1.2    Expense Total $1200          Income Total $2400    Grand total
$3600

Thanks

Joe