[GNC] Transaction Report

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Dec 8 19:56:18 EST 2022

HI,

On Thu, December 8, 2022 7:32 pm, rovero at comcast.net wrote:
> Hope this explains it better
>

> There are two accounts in the transaction report
>

> Expense  Type A/Payable

An A/Payable account is not an expense.  It is a liability.

> Income    Type  Bank

Similarly, a Bank account is not an income.

> In the expense account register transactions show as a positive number in
> the payment/debit column and the balance column is a negative number that
> augments negative as transaction are added.

It sounds like your accounts are not set up correctly.

> In the Income account register transactions show as a positive number in
> the
> deposit/debit column  and the balance column is a positive number that
> augments positive as transaction are added.

Yes, because it's not Income, it is a Bank that you "labeled" Income.  And
yes, in a Bank account, a debit increases the account value/total.

> The report is a simple one that shows all expense transactions form the
> Expense Account as a debit/payment negative dollar amount and all
> transactions from the Income Account as a debit/deposit positive dollar
> amount. So in the end my grand total should be the negative sum of all
> transactions in the Expense account minus the sum of all positive
> transaction in the income account.
>

> Again, in ver 2.6.6 I get the desired results. In ver 4.1.2 the expense
> account Totals show as a positive number so Instead of subtracting expense
> from income they add together in the grand total.ie.
>

> Ver 2.6.1    Expense Total ($-1200)     Income Total $2400    Grand total
> $1200
>
> Ver 4.1.2    Expense Total $1200          Income Total $2400    Grand
> total
> $3600

You might want to check the value of your "reverse sign" preference.
I suspect it's not the same.

> Thanks
>
> Joe

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745