[GNC] Buying with PayPal - how do I split the transaction?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sat Dec 10 09:50:05 EST 2022

On Sat, 10 Dec 2022 at 01:19, Michael or Penny Novack <
stepbystepfarm at comcast.net> wrote:

> On 12/9/2022 7:01 PM, David Cousens wrote:
>
> However, I do NOT understand why you were treating your Paypal account
> as a liability. AFAIK, Paypal does not offer credit.

PayPal do offer credit

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-virtual-credit

although I consider the PayPal account an asset. It's much like a bank
account - money goes in and out. It's a bit more complicated though, as
often transactions involve another currency.

Selling things with PayPal obviously adds another bit of complexity as
there are fees then, but for now I just want to sort out how to record
purchases - I will worry about sales later.

Michael D Novack

Dave