[GNC] Buying with PayPal - how do I split the transaction?

Chris Skudder cskudder at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 10 12:09:16 EST 2022

   When you BUY something using paypal, the SELLER pays their fees, not
   you.
   So recording a purchase for which you paid using paypal is no different
   than any other purchase:
   Debit: expense (or asset, if you're buying something that you'll
   recognize as an asset on your balance sheet)
   Credit: your paypal asset account if you carry a balance in it; or
   credit a credit card account if your paypal purchases pull money
   directly from a credit card.
   Chris