[GNC] unable to import simple investment transaction from qif

ar ar123456 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 20:24:43 EST 2022

Hi,

I am trying to import avery simple transaction from qif: just 2 buy
transaction for the same account, containing  mutual fund MMMM

The 'Assets:Investments:XXXXX' is gnu cash account tracking shares of MMMM,
'Asserts:Investments:YYYY' is a gnucash cash account.

If I do not provide security symbol as below, the import fails when it
requires to enter the security.

!Account
NAssets:Investments:XXXXX
TInvst
^
!Type:Invst
D07/16'2022
NBuy
LAssets:Investments:YYYYY
Q34.107
T-77.58
^
D07/15'2022
NBuy
LAssets:Investments:YYYYY
Q7.638
T-37.7
^

I provide security as YMMMM, the import creates account
Assets:Investments:XXXXX:MMMM that conflicts with 'Assets:Investments:XXXXX'

1. Does this feature works? If Yes are there usage examples.
2. I do not insist on using qif format, is it possible to use .csv for
import, are there examples?
3. It seems that csv import requires a lot of manual selections to be made
for every imported file, am I getting it right?

Thank you,

Aleksey