[GNC] unable to import simple investment transaction from qif

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 21:19:10 EST 2022

If you are using a recent release of GnuCash, ie 4.something, the csv
transaction import feature has been greatly improved and includes the
ability to save and re-use settings .

It definitely works to import investment transactions previously exported
from GnuCash,  so it should work with generic files as well, possibly with
some massage.

I don't know if the qif import process can handle investments even though
Quicken can export them in that format it requires split transactions which
qif importer seems to choke on.